Skip to main content

Ravenous hunger and new unisex bathroom!

I'm SO RAVENOUS. After that horrifying 6am incident yesterday morning, everything just continued to roll downhill. During lunch with a co-worker, she ordered one slice of pizza and I got two slices (sidenote: Este's pizza has the BEST vegan pizza, and my cute non-vegan co-worker ordered vegan!). While eating and conversing with one another, I felt something wet near my nostril. I got a tissue and dabbed at it a bit to discovered that yes, in fact, I had a popped pimple on my face. And so it begins.

Then, an hour after lunch, I felt ravenous again and in this desperate state of mind found myself away from work and at a little shop around the corner. I wandered in, grabbed a bag of Salt n' Vinegar chips, purchased them in this wild, frazzled state, then had devoured them by the time I got back to work.

After work, I got to the store as quickly as I could to stockpile on bananas, banana chips (I like bananas) oranges, trail mix, kale... things I can munch on throughout the day. In fact, I'm munching on banana chips while writing this.

In other news, my parents have been beyond supportive. My mom has gone with me to see my hormone doctor both times, and has been researching and asking a lot of questions. And the other day my dad told me, with the most serious of serious faces, "Mel, there's only one way I can accept this." "And that is...?" "If, once you grow facial hair, you grow out a goatee like mine." Not being a big fan of goatees, I instantly reacted, "Oh, no! There's no way!", to which he replied, "Mel, like I said. It's the only way I can accept this. It's all I ask. And, in addition to that, once you grow out said goatee and we look as much alike as possible, you hold my hand and skip around the store with me."

I agreed to his terms.

So today will be the first day I'll use the now-unisex-used-to-be-for-men-only bathroom near my office. All week I've been auto-piloting to the women's restroom, but not today! I shan't! The new sign for it came on Monday and they put it up. Fred from the HR department enthusiastically exclaimed, "The unisex bathroom sign is here!"

We got a sign that looks like this:



Is that me on the far right? I don't believe so. I mean, I do bicycle to work, but I don't bicycle into the bathroom.

This one would be a bit more accurate and I'm positive that everyone at our company would just love it (it says: "**It does not matter if you have a vagina, penis, or other, ALL bathrooms should be accessible to ALL people." and "**SHOULD be Accessible to Differently-Abled People."):




Note: As cute as it is, my co-worker, Patty, got a big vegan chocolate cake to share with everyone. I've already eaten two slices.

Comments

  1. As a gay man, I can attest that rarely do we gay guys peek over the tops of the stalls. Gloryholes, sure, but that's another story altogether. The real freak-out (and being pee-shy doesn't help) is when urinals are positioned next to each other without partitions. Even then, it becomes easy to peek over the top of the partition to view your neighbor's member. Can't say I've done this, but I keep expecting it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a tranny, I can attest that peeking over the top of stalls is the best and most preferred method of peeking at girls sitting on toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, but seriously, it's actually a one-person bathroom that locks. ;] However, in multiple-stall bathrooms, I *have* admittedly peeked over the stall at Gina more than once with my camera phone. See why she loves me so much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, worlds apart, worlds apart ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, camera phones are dangerously fun tools! My gym actually posted a sign that said, "Please no taking photos in the locker room!" It wasn't up long, but I laughed when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so great and tragic that your gym had to actually post that. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parents are wonderful! Fucking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melhouse: Gina and Jude keep calling me a "big fat tranny"
    Tay McKinnon: Hooray! That must be fun.
    Melhouse: oh, very
    Melhouse: Very supportive
    Tay McKinnon: You will be a big fat tranny soon enough, with all the ravenous eating and goatee action.
    Melhouse: god, no shit
    Tay McKinnon: It'll be real sexy. You'll get a lot of dates.
    Melhouse: Holding hands with my dad. :(
    Melhouse: OH GOD
    Melhouse: I haven't even started posting about my increased sex drive
    Melhouse: That's just some kind of fucked up irony
    Tay McKinnon: Hahaha
    Tay McKinnon: Ahh.
    Tay McKinnon: Puberty is great
    Tay McKinnon: I'm excited for the part where you masturbate in the bathroom to your moms sear's catalogs
    Tay McKinnon: The intimates section.
    Melhouse: Here I am with this ravenous appetite and fucking, grease/acne city, AND an increased sex drive? WHAT?
    Melhouse: shut up
    Tay McKinnon: :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting!!! I'm happy for you always <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!