Skip to main content

Massaging Terror & Warm Loins

I've cracked and asked a friend of mine who just recently graduated from massage college to, well, massage my rapidly-increasing-bone-and-muscle-density ligaments-and-tendons-are-pissed-off back tonight. I keep obsessing over how relieving and blissful it's going to be. Wooo...

About half a year ago this same friend called me up and asked if she could give me a "practice massage" while she was still enlisted in school. To me, 'massage' translated to: lay there, essentially nude under a sheet, vulnerable and exposed - and for someone who's uncomfortable with their body, that has never sounded enticing.

Still, for the first time I actually felt receptive to such an offer. For one, she's a really sweet and respectful person; and two, she needed to practice! And what better practice than a horribly uncomfortable trans individual who has never had an actual massage before in his life?

A few days later I scooted over to her place. She had a massage table setup in her living room and we chit-chatted, sealing the comfort factor as much as possible. She then told me to "remove as much as you're comfortable with and let me know when you're ready".

I wasn't comfortable with ANY clothing removal, but went ahead and removed my pants, then my shoes. Stood there. Waited. Started reading a book.

When she re-entered the room to see me standing there in my underwear and a shirt reading a book, she gasped and said, "oh oh! You're supposed to remove more than that! Then get under the sheet on the massage table there!", then darted out as quickly as she'd darted in.

I had NO idea. I uncomfortably undressed down to nothing but my underroos then weasled underneath the sheet. Waited.

It was terrifying.

When she re-entered the room and started doing her thing, I felt my chest clench and my stomach tighten. I started to sweat and panic a little. But, when I realized that the sheet wasn't going to fall off and that she wasn't touching me anywhere I felt horribly disconnected to or uncomfortable about, I started to calm down and actually enjoy the experience.

All and all it ended up being a really nice, soothing, entirely positive massagetacular good time.

So, now that my back is in all kinds of strained and pissed off puberty pain, I'm all about requesting her blissful services again - but this time I won't just stand around in her living room reading in my underwear.

In other news, even though I had cramping a couple of days ago and thought the menstruating side of things had completely ceased, today there was a bit of shedding. Very, very little. Not small enough to consider it 'spotting', but almost. Poor hormone-ridden body of mine. Such a trooper.

I've also noticed some more hair growth on the sides of my face, particularly on the right side. Very subtle, but less so than usual! I'll awkwardly photo document again real soon.

Also, DJ Knows Dick shipped my pack n' pisser today! It's in a little box right this second venturing forth from Vancouver, British Columbia to the land of Utah to ultimately find solace in the nestling warmth of my loins. Joy!

Comments

  1. Peeing standing up is overrated. It only serves to get piss on your pants, and let you write you name in the snow (assuming it's a short name and you're handy with cursive).

    Granted, you live in Utah, and your name is only three letters long, so this could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had similar embarrassing moments with a friend of mine who was studying massage as well. But now that you've experienced it you'll be totally hooked - and hopefully it will serve to make you more comfortable with your body as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kammorremae: "Mel" will be really easy to practice spelling out in the snow. I'll be a pro in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal: Oh definitely. It's so very blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. massages creep me out. period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neekrs: This is a setup for a whole slew of pervy jokes. Resisting...difficult...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!