Skip to main content

Injection, packing, and standing to pee

Yesterday I experienced some strange and entirely unfamiliar symptoms for most of the day. They got worse after every hour that passed. This is the first time I've ever felt weird or off on injection day, aside from feeling anxious and nervous the first few times.

I don't feel any anxiety prior to injecting now, but, last night, I started to feel extremely dizzy. There was a whole lotta pressure swimming around in my noggin, to the point where my ears wanted to PoP! and my jaw continuously clenched. I felt irritable, angry, and moody. I couldn't help but wonder, "Is this what jonesing feels like? If not, what the heck is up? Am I getting sick?"

Was I?

Or was it something entirely not correlated? I'll know better after my next injection, if it happens again, but what I do know is that every one of those symptoms went away immediately after my injection and today I feel great.

On a much more uplifting note, my pack n' pisser arrived on Wednesday!

It's awesome.

Now I'm so giddy about it that I want to pee even when I don't have to pee. I want to pee everywhere, all day long. One day, I'll be able to spell my name in the snow: M-E-L.

(Just to clarify, it isn't about standing or sitting being masculine or feminine - for me, this is entirely about having a physiological connection. And standing is damn fun).

I'm excited for the day where I feel confident standing to pee in a public urinal. If a cisgender guy ever noticed that I'm a bit different than him at the urinal and had the nerve to say something, I'd just tell him "I'm trans" and see where it goes from there. It would be a learning experience, fo' damn sho'. Things will be fine.

The packing aspect of it is really soothing, also. Having something down there where my mind is entirely convinced it's supposed to be just, feels.so.indescribably.right. I think that the scientists over at The Endocrine Society explain bits and pieces of this neurobiological correlation a bit better than I can: Male-to-Female Transsexuals Have Female Neuron Numbers in a Limbic Nucleus. Or at least sound wittier, anyway.

Product-wise, the S-T-P (stand-to-pee) device from DJ Knows Dick had all positive reviews when I researched what I was going to dump some of my chump change into. I got it pretty fast, whereas I've heard that Mango can take a long time to ship. It's also really comfortable and entirely functional. There are quite a few options to pick from:
Home Grown Packer Line, STP options
Australian site that offers different models and sizes of soft packers, made of elastomeric gel, that can be converted into STP packers.

The MANGO from Mango Products
The Mango comes in two sizes, 3-1/2 and 5-1/2 inches, with larger testicles on the 3-1/2 inch model. They are made of thermal gel and come in three colors: pink, coffee, and chocolate.

The Pissin' Passin' Packer (PPP) (what I have!)
Soft-packer that has been modified with tubing to create a stand-to-pee packer. Comes in 4 sizes (3-1/2 inches, 5 inches, 6 inches, and 7 inches) and 3 different colors (Dinky Pink, CinnaMAN brown, and COCKasian beige).

FTM S.T.U.D.
Comes in two sizes, 3-1/2 and 5-1/2 inches, with larger testicles on the 3-1/2 inch model. Both are made of thermal gel packers and come in two colors: pink and mocha latte.
Here's one YouTube review from a feller named Charles that impacted my decision quite a bit:



On a side note, Baloo sent me a link to an article on KSL today:

'Lawmakers OK bill on testosterone prescriptions'
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A bill to let naturopathic doctors prescribe testosterone to patients has been approved by Utah lawmakers.

Hmm!

p.s. seeing Watchmen tonight. Excited!

Peeing in Peace: A Resource Guide for Transgender Activists and Allies (PDF)

Comments

  1. You should enroll in a self-defense class.

    Judo and akido are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can now hate you, just like every other man I know, for being able to stand to pee.

    A great example of why: http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/commons/goldstar3.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kammorremae: I took karate for 3 weeks when I was 5 years old. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal: Ha! Funny because, for the most part, it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, that doesn't count.

    I'm not sure how much "higher" education you've had, but most colleges teach self-defense classes that count as credit hours. That's what I did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!