Skip to main content

Confidence Rising

Prior to starting testosterone I could never look at myself unclothed, in a swimming outfit, in tank tops, or even in shorts. Not that I'd ever considered myself unattractive - just entirely disconnected. I felt soft. Hairless. Prepubescent.

Seeing as I'm attracted to soft and hairless feminine individuals, I could look at myself and, on some level, could appreciate it, even though it wasn't me. And, admittedly, the longer the testosterone reshapes my appearance, the less attractive I become to myself.

There's a little bit of irony in that. The less attractive I become to myself - the more acne-ridden, square-headed, pot-bellied, muscular, and hairy - the more confident I become. Connected. Relieved. Hopeful.

The me I'd known since the world of whoa-puberty-you're-going-the-wrong-way! kicked in NEVER wanted to wear shorts, for example. Yet, now that there's hair growing all over the place below my knee AND above my knee, I can't resist wearing these ridiculous flared out soccer shorts almost every.single.day.

I got a taste of this short life after I decided to get a pair to play softball in due to the extreme heat. While peddling to practice, my soccer skort would blow up in the wind and I'd catch glimpses of my pale, hairy flesh.

Skort, by the way, is the most accurate way to describe it. According to Wikipedia:
The term "skort" (a portmanteau of skirt and shorts) is used idiomatically in some regions. While some garments sold as culottes resemble short trousers, to be a skort they need to look like skirts. They are distinguised from trousers or shorts by a fuller cut at the bottom (hem) than at the waist. Skorts were developed in order to provide more freedom to do activities such as gardening, cleaning, or bike riding, and give the appearance of a skirt.
Soon after I wore my soccer skort again to jog in this 5k breast cancer awareness shindig. Even though I had plenty of opportunity throughout the day to change, I couldn't make myself do it. I just couldn't stop basking in my hairy legged glory.

And I've worn this ridiculous thing almost every day since - the only exceptions being while they're being washed or I force myself to wear something else. I should probably invest in another pair or two. Shorts this time.

It's so swell. While bicycling I catch those hairy glimpses and get distracted in the most indescribable, physiologically soothing way.

Essentially, I suspect that the only thing stopping me from running around in a speedo is the fact that I haven't had top surgery yet. Gadz, if I did, there'd be no stopping it. I'd probably spend every single day for a long ol' time doing exactly this:



Also, in regards to aesthetic changes, people have been commenting on my 'stache action and occasionally petting my soft stubble and going, "Oooo! You're getting stubble!".

Comments

  1. Sometimes I worry about becoming unattractive after T, so it's good to know that you got more confidence in exchange. One isn't necessarily supposed to attract oneself, anyway; someone else is going to find us sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. genderkid: "one isn't necessarily supposed to attract oneself, anyway" True, true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!