Skip to main content

Profuse Sweating. Thanks, Testosterone.

I sweat a lot when I go to the gym these days. A lot.

While at the gym earlier today I played a highly addictive Tetris'esque game on my iTouch and peddled away on a stationary cycle. This game, by the way, is so good. It's the irresistable allue of Tetris combined with vampires, pumpkins, and mummies. Which makes it the best game ever for me when it comes to aerobic motivation. Horror? Check. Tetris-like addictive elements? Check. Sold.


While exercising earlier today I sweat so profusely that droplets were dripping off the tip of my nose. One landed smack dab on to my iTouch. The sweat pooled in my eye sockets and blurred my much-needed-for-game vision.


Prior to hormone therapy and living in an extremely arid environment, I've never sweat like this before. Not after sword fighting or marching band or hiking up Mount Olympus. Not after a long bicycle ride or unicycling. Nothing could make me sweat like I sweat now. In fact, I was so sweat-free that I never understood the practical nature of sweatbands. I truly believed they were worn for purely aesthetic purposes. Or maybe just to set the work out mood. Those who could gain use from them were either living in a really humid environment or sweat gland impaired.

And now? I really want to invest in a headband. AND a wristband. AND a towel to lay on the equipment I'm destroying with abundant moisture. AND a little cold rag to put on my neck.

While perusing around I found this sweet headband/wristband combo:



And, unbeknown to me until about an hour ago when I started seriously looking for a headband, there are some really high-tech serious ones out there. Look at this "Sweat GUTR", for example. With it's "low profile design", "custom fitting system", "sweat proof material", AND "patented GUTR technology". Geez! All in one little headband. What the.


I'll may need to figure out how to buy it one day.

Injection Update

I received an e-mail from a pal who relayed to me that he injects "100 mg of T weekly, rather than 200 every two weeks." This is a simple idea that I never once thought about. Come to think of it, I would rather inject more frequently. It sounds like it would be a lot less drastic for my body: safer, less "ups and downs", more regular.

He also told me about a friend who initially used injectable testosterone, then switched to transdermal (gel) testosterone. Which is another potentially good idea - but only after giving this more thought and after figuring out how to meet with my doc again now that I no longer have health insurance. First things first, though: sweatband.

Comments

  1. Just a few min ago, I was down working on a computer and felt this wet droplet on my hand. I looked down and there was a water drop on the keyboard hand pad. I thought, WATER IS LEAKING ON THIS PC... then... I reached up and felt my face...it was from my face! OMG I'm moving to Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweat band looks rad... I kind of want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you enter "GUTR15" during checkout at www.SweatGUTR.com you'll get 15% off! Our new Smoke is our best sweatband yet. Thanks for your post and know we offer a satisfaction guarantee! =E=

    ReplyDelete
  4. i may not be pumped full of t, but i am sweating like crazy too! damn this island humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed I sweat a lot more since starting testosterone replacement as well.

    I think it may be from the increased metabolism which causes more heat to be expelled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kegg: Ewwwww. You're gross. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neekole: Island humidity sweat doesn't compare to sweating-due-to-being-gross. Pfft to you and your awesome island! ;]

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lixue: Thanks for your comment, Margaret, and your interest in my blog. :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian: I think so, too. Increased metabolism, big time. And I'm not sure if the increase in mass (especially upper body musculature) causes a difference, too, but I'm betting it does. It's so entirely wonderful to get progressively sweatier and hairier day by day! How long have you been taking T? Cypionate, also?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for some quality points there. I am kind of new to online , so I printed this off to put in my file, any better way to go about keeping track of it then printing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!