Skip to main content

Manscaping

And so begins the process of manscaping. What all started out as fun and games has now become a rampant mess of body hair whose length and thickness seem to know no bounds. My leg hair, for example, grows so long that it literally starts to curl at the tips, even down by my ankles. Some hairs are longer than others.

I could go on with more details, but I'll spare you. Long story short, today I cracked and went out to purchase my first ever manscaping tool kit. I had no idea what I was looking for, exactly, but landed myself in an aisle packed full of various "Body & Back Groomer" products, which were somewhat larger and distinct from facial hair grooming kits. After comparing options and prices, I ultimately decided on the Remington Extendable Body & Back Groomer - extendable for those "hard to reach" places like the butt or upper back.

Lovely.

I haven't tried it out yet. I'm sure that I'll probably make an embarrassing patchy mess of myself, but how else does one learn?

Also earlier today I couldn't resist purchasing some puffy classic monster stickers at a little LGBQT trinket shop next door to a coffee shop. While checking out, the cashier examined my debit card and asked, "May I see your I.D., please?" When I handed it over, she asked, "Melanie, seriously?", to which I replied, "Yes. I'm transgender."

She looked a little caught off guard by my forwardness - or confused, or something - but, in the end, she accepted my card, handed me my puffy classic monster stickers, and even gave me three of her cough drops for the road (I'm all stuffy and coughing today. Recovering from cold-like symptoms derived from the Marilyn Manson concert I went to last Saturday with my mom - who hadn't been to a concert in 35 years! - and two friends. One of these friends, Erin, slithered up as close to the stage as she could muster just to be in a sauna of sweaty wet bodies and Manson's alcohol spitting on the crowd. I blame her for all of us now being sick with the exception of my healthy tough mom).

Comments

  1. dude Im getting hairy too. All over, its nuts. Take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the manscaping...I hope you don't end up looking like you've got a bad case of mange... lol... all jokes aside though, Ima need you to fill me in on how the remington does...I'm kind of on the market, just for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth it, just think...we are among the many who can say they caught a disease from Marylin Manson. We're just lucky ours is only temporary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you went to see Marilyn Manson with your mom? That's pretty awesome in fairness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess: I will, soon! You should, too. I had no idea the body hair would kick in so hardcore. I'm turning into a cub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tommy: I'm a werewolf fan. I'd learn to own it. Or, at the least, manscape it. I'll let you know how Sir Remington handles my mange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kegg: I'll never forgive you, spit-covered carrier of disease!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki: I had to throw in that side-boast. Especially since it's been 35 years since she's been to a concert. She even wore this little flower dress and some jeans that I suspect she wore for whatever concert she went to last.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, just one month into T and I the hair on my upper legs and arms is already starting to get darker. I don't mind so far. If I start getting hair on my back and shoulder, then I'm definitely gonna have to manscape!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!