Skip to main content

The Old, The Wise, and The Cranky

My cat, Evilbunny, is 84 years old in kitty years now. What the? That's 17 in human years! Madness. He just keeps going and going and going and... I think all of the cuddles I've been giving him throughout the years (since I was 11) are keeping him alive and sufficiently plump. Or so I say.

Here is a photo taken yesterday of our usual nightly sleeping arrangement. Since I had to get up to acquire my camera and take the photo, I doodled in where I sleep and the position I arrange myself in, like a puzzle piece, to fit:

Comments

  1. Wow! Is Evilbunny the black and white one that you have your arm around? (I love that you drew yourself in by the way!) If so, that is freaky because my cat, Motorhead, is the same age and she is also black and white. I hope she still has a few years in her...I'm spending the next 7 months far from home and she's living with chosen family in the meantime. I miss her terribly. But it is amazing how long some of them can stick around, eh? I hope you get to spend a few more years cuddling your cat, and many more with the rest of your companions : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evilbunny is indeed that tuxedo ball of blubber. Motorhead sounds like his doppelganger! The good one, of course, with an equally mature and refined name. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so ridiculously cute! we have two cats, one of whom - Cheyenne - is about Evilbunny's size. However, when she sleeps with me, she positions herself somewhere in the middle of the bed (and frequently between my knees), thus trapping me and making it impossible to move. nevertheless, i love that furry little toad. besides, she always looks so freaking adorable that i just don't have the heart to move her. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash: Oh no, not the knee trap! There's no escape from that one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...