Skip to main content

A frickin' week!

Gadz, it's been an entire week since my last post. This month has been hectic with all the unemployment/moving shenanigans afoot. Not to mention my Internet access has been unreliable and brief when I have it.

I'm also due for another awkward photo documentation, which will have to wait until I find my camera battery and get that sucker recharged. Soon, soon!

I have some pretty dapper whisker growth going on that I'm excited to show off in all its action-packed scattered and subtle glory. It's actually visible (gasp)! So visible that I tried.tried.tried to hold on to it for as long as I could muster but HAD to shave when I just couldn't take it anymore.

I was a trooper and held out for a bit there so I could photo document - but like I said, I haven't been able to find my camera battery amongst the scatter of cardboard boxes and piles o' crap to put on freecycle/donate/free box.

It's really a wonder how much one accumulates living somewhere. I really don't think I accumulate until, low and behold, moving time comes rolling along and suddenly it hits me that I have a whole shit ton of random crap that's just popped up and fit in little knooks and crannies along the way.

Ooo! Back to my whiskers, the growth is visible enough that it's been commented on without my having to get under some bright light, hover in about an inch away from some poor, supportive victim's face, then desperately point out little whiskers. Just the other day, for example, my pops commented from across the table, "That's a pretty fine 'stache you have going on there." My mom commented, "You have a whisker shadow!", and Gina commented, "You look like a 13 year old boy."

Exciting.

In other news, found an apartment. Although, job hunting has been a bit tricky, especially given that I'm currently transitioning and have generated more than a couple furrowed brows and confused looks from interviewers. I was considering applying for one job that's a grave shift checking on boy and girl kiddles, but where would they put me? Moving on.

With the apartment, it's literally down the street from where I currently live. Which makes it oh-so-tempting to move via radio flyers and grocery carts, which I'm sure would really impress our new neighbors. Balancing a couch on a grocery cart, moving little cats in cat carriers, garbage bags full of clothes. So, so tempting.

On a side note, just last night I went out to a club with a snazzy friend of mine and when I handed my ID to the ID-checker-guy, he checked it out, looked at me, looked back down at it, and when he handed it back and stamped my hand said, "Have a good time, bro."

p.s. I can't wait to have reliable Internet access again and a camera battery!

Comments

  1. I was getting worried, thoguht you were being a bum like me, with the not updating and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what happened to ya! thought maybe the job hunting was getting the best of ya! So glad you found a place and I know the job will soon follow! Dang it find the batt I want pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kammorremae: Oh hell no. You're the bum in this sideway street cart, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkey Outlaw: I'll find that stinkin' battery! I will!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!