Skip to main content

Perspiration, Bindies, Edjamacation, and Good News!

Binders are really not fun. Especially if one bicycles and perspires a lot. Which results in becoming an itchy, uncomfortable mess prone to rashes. And I can't wait to rip it off as soon as possible to let my skin breathe and to cool down.

But I did find a potential solution to make binding-while-active more bearable.

To combine binders.

Once upon a time, I accidentally ordered the Extreme Chest Concealer FTM Chest Binder in the wrong size - one size up from what I should be wearing. But I decided to use it anyway. Instead of binding as tightly as it should, it binded enough while also not restricting my breathing or comfort all that much. Which makes it perfect for bicycling, wearing in a movie theater, etc. And to add some extra binding I combined it with my T-Kingdom 801 zip-up binder. For instance, if I'm at a movie theater I can unzip the 801 to breathe a little better and to sit more comfortably. But as soon as it's over and the lights are on, I can zip the 801 back up and compress better. Or while peddling along vigorously on my bicycle I can unzip the 801 to breathe better. And once I'm done I can zip it back up all subtle-like.

The downside is that this turns into two layers of binding, which is uncomfortable. But wearing two looser binders is a more versatile solution than being trapped under one tight binder all day. I'm able to unzip the outside 801 binder for comfort multiple times throughout the day in environments where it's not obvious (e.g. movies, studying in the coffee shop, etc.).

In other news, earlier today I completed the remainder of my application for the McNair Scholars program - which is a federally funded effort to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups who go on to graduate study. I'm a low-income, first-generation (e.g. first to potentially graduate college) in my family and this program looks really beneficial.

Crossing my fingers that I'm accepted. Either way, I'm definitely resuming my education this coming Fall.

Comments

  1. sounds like your brother is quite a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @slc.gyrl: Well, I wouldn't say -that- much. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i had to wear a compression garment when i had lipo. bugged the hell outta me. almost as much as when the nurse kept calling it a compression garment when we both knew it was a girdle with a pee/sex hole.
    i hated that nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willam: She called it a compression garment? I'm totally calling my binders "compression garments" now. I don't have a pee/sex hole though, most unfortunately. At least not in my compression garment. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...