Skip to main content

30 Days to a Better Man Day 5: Cultivate Your Gratitude

Today’s 30 Days to a Better Man task revolves around having gratitude:
The ungrateful man is callous; he’s come to think that all the good things that happen to him and all the service rendered him are an automatic response to his impeachable awesomeness. He deserves all that stuff and more…. The grateful man is a humble man. He has no illusions of his grandeur. He knows that bad things happen to good people. He knows how easily a rally can turn into a slump. He knows how much worse off many others are than he is. He understands the sacrifices others make on his behalf. And he deeply, deeply appreciates them. (art of manliness)
This is a vast improvement over yesterdays. I like it - since, ya know, gratitude is applicable to everyone. Today’s task is two-fold: (1) make a list of 10 things that you’re grateful for and (2) give 3 thank you’s to 3 different people today. Done and done.So here goes:
  1. I’m thankful for everyone who has taken it upon themselves to donate to my surgery and who helped with my fundraiser. Mostly thankful for the motivation behind it all that have me feeling super understood and supported.
  2. Which, speaking of… - I’m thankful for all of the support I’ve received throughout my transitional journey!
  3. I’m thankful for having loved ones in my life who make me laugh every.single.day.
  4. I’m thankful for the cuddles I receive from my furry companion animal chums (Evilbunny, Gany, and Theseus). Evil has been my best bud since I was 12!
  5. I’m thankful for all of the activism in Salt Lake City. Lots of compassionate peeps around here!
  6. I’m thankful for how happy I feel bicycling and getting coffee with my dad every morning.
  7. I’m thankful for humility, sarcasm, and horror movies.
  8. I’m thankful for having the opportunity to go to school.
  9. I’m thankful for being able to look up whatever the frak I want on the Interwebs whenever I wanna. When I was a wee bop tranny, even though I felt incredibly isolated in my experience - the interwebs let me know that I wasn’t.
  10. I’m thankful for my mom popping my bacne every day when I get home from bicycling and applying medicine after I shower.
And now, I will make thank yous and send them. I do this anyway so it might be redundant, but… doesn’t hurt to throw some more out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1: Double Incision Mastectomy with Nipple Grafts by Dr. Cori Agarwal Surgery Photos (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

Earlier today I learned that Dr. Cori Agarwal’s medical secretary would come in to take photographs during my 3 hour surgery on August 11, 2011. As a warning, these photos are extremely graphic , but also incredibly informative and educational. This is why I’m displaying them after the “read more” button below instead of as a photo gallery. Extremely Graphic:

Exciting News from Utah!

Exciting things are happening in Salt Lake City, Utah! Last night there was a panel specifically about employment discrimination based on gender identity and a proposed diversity bill. It received a fair amount of media coverage, like this article in the Salt Lake Tribune: After losing her job, transgender Utahn fights workplace discrimination Salt Lake City resident Candice Metzler wanted to let her work colleagues see the transition she already had begun in her personal life. Known to them as a man, Metzler wore mascara, eyeliner and white-tipped acrylic nails to a company barbecue. Read more > or this coverage from Fox 13: link no longer available It's refreshing to see that there's friendlier coverage of transgender people, even in such a conservative GOP state. The above coverage even ended with: "if you're an employer open to hiring transgender individuals" there's a link on their site to DiversityJobs.com ! Just 6 months ago the bills und

Viddy Documentation: 39 Days

If blogging is out of my element, photo documentation is even further out in the element ball park. What's on an another planet altogether is video documentation. Still, here's the thang. My voice just started cracking a couple of weeks ago and I want to catch it while it's high pitch central and to be able to look back on that change later down the road. Since the thickening of my vocal chords will be very gradual, I'm going to record my voice every so often to document that change. Here goes!