Skip to main content

Massaging Terror & Warm Loins

I've cracked and asked a friend of mine who just recently graduated from massage college to, well, massage my rapidly-increasing-bone-and-muscle-density ligaments-and-tendons-are-pissed-off back tonight. I keep obsessing over how relieving and blissful it's going to be. Wooo...

About half a year ago this same friend called me up and asked if she could give me a "practice massage" while she was still enlisted in school. To me, 'massage' translated to: lay there, essentially nude under a sheet, vulnerable and exposed - and for someone who's uncomfortable with their body, that has never sounded enticing.

Still, for the first time I actually felt receptive to such an offer. For one, she's a really sweet and respectful person; and two, she needed to practice! And what better practice than a horribly uncomfortable trans individual who has never had an actual massage before in his life?

A few days later I scooted over to her place. She had a massage table setup in her living room and we chit-chatted, sealing the comfort factor as much as possible. She then told me to "remove as much as you're comfortable with and let me know when you're ready".

I wasn't comfortable with ANY clothing removal, but went ahead and removed my pants, then my shoes. Stood there. Waited. Started reading a book.

When she re-entered the room to see me standing there in my underwear and a shirt reading a book, she gasped and said, "oh oh! You're supposed to remove more than that! Then get under the sheet on the massage table there!", then darted out as quickly as she'd darted in.

I had NO idea. I uncomfortably undressed down to nothing but my underroos then weasled underneath the sheet. Waited.

It was terrifying.

When she re-entered the room and started doing her thing, I felt my chest clench and my stomach tighten. I started to sweat and panic a little. But, when I realized that the sheet wasn't going to fall off and that she wasn't touching me anywhere I felt horribly disconnected to or uncomfortable about, I started to calm down and actually enjoy the experience.

All and all it ended up being a really nice, soothing, entirely positive massagetacular good time.

So, now that my back is in all kinds of strained and pissed off puberty pain, I'm all about requesting her blissful services again - but this time I won't just stand around in her living room reading in my underwear.

In other news, even though I had cramping a couple of days ago and thought the menstruating side of things had completely ceased, today there was a bit of shedding. Very, very little. Not small enough to consider it 'spotting', but almost. Poor hormone-ridden body of mine. Such a trooper.

I've also noticed some more hair growth on the sides of my face, particularly on the right side. Very subtle, but less so than usual! I'll awkwardly photo document again real soon.

Also, DJ Knows Dick shipped my pack n' pisser today! It's in a little box right this second venturing forth from Vancouver, British Columbia to the land of Utah to ultimately find solace in the nestling warmth of my loins. Joy!

Comments

  1. Peeing standing up is overrated. It only serves to get piss on your pants, and let you write you name in the snow (assuming it's a short name and you're handy with cursive).

    Granted, you live in Utah, and your name is only three letters long, so this could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had similar embarrassing moments with a friend of mine who was studying massage as well. But now that you've experienced it you'll be totally hooked - and hopefully it will serve to make you more comfortable with your body as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kammorremae: "Mel" will be really easy to practice spelling out in the snow. I'll be a pro in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal: Oh definitely. It's so very blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. massages creep me out. period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neekrs: This is a setup for a whole slew of pervy jokes. Resisting...difficult...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...