Skip to main content

Confidence Rising

Prior to starting testosterone I could never look at myself unclothed, in a swimming outfit, in tank tops, or even in shorts. Not that I'd ever considered myself unattractive - just entirely disconnected. I felt soft. Hairless. Prepubescent.

Seeing as I'm attracted to soft and hairless feminine individuals, I could look at myself and, on some level, could appreciate it, even though it wasn't me. And, admittedly, the longer the testosterone reshapes my appearance, the less attractive I become to myself.

There's a little bit of irony in that. The less attractive I become to myself - the more acne-ridden, square-headed, pot-bellied, muscular, and hairy - the more confident I become. Connected. Relieved. Hopeful.

The me I'd known since the world of whoa-puberty-you're-going-the-wrong-way! kicked in NEVER wanted to wear shorts, for example. Yet, now that there's hair growing all over the place below my knee AND above my knee, I can't resist wearing these ridiculous flared out soccer shorts almost every.single.day.

I got a taste of this short life after I decided to get a pair to play softball in due to the extreme heat. While peddling to practice, my soccer skort would blow up in the wind and I'd catch glimpses of my pale, hairy flesh.

Skort, by the way, is the most accurate way to describe it. According to Wikipedia:
The term "skort" (a portmanteau of skirt and shorts) is used idiomatically in some regions. While some garments sold as culottes resemble short trousers, to be a skort they need to look like skirts. They are distinguised from trousers or shorts by a fuller cut at the bottom (hem) than at the waist. Skorts were developed in order to provide more freedom to do activities such as gardening, cleaning, or bike riding, and give the appearance of a skirt.
Soon after I wore my soccer skort again to jog in this 5k breast cancer awareness shindig. Even though I had plenty of opportunity throughout the day to change, I couldn't make myself do it. I just couldn't stop basking in my hairy legged glory.

And I've worn this ridiculous thing almost every day since - the only exceptions being while they're being washed or I force myself to wear something else. I should probably invest in another pair or two. Shorts this time.

It's so swell. While bicycling I catch those hairy glimpses and get distracted in the most indescribable, physiologically soothing way.

Essentially, I suspect that the only thing stopping me from running around in a speedo is the fact that I haven't had top surgery yet. Gadz, if I did, there'd be no stopping it. I'd probably spend every single day for a long ol' time doing exactly this:



Also, in regards to aesthetic changes, people have been commenting on my 'stache action and occasionally petting my soft stubble and going, "Oooo! You're getting stubble!".

Comments

  1. Sometimes I worry about becoming unattractive after T, so it's good to know that you got more confidence in exchange. One isn't necessarily supposed to attract oneself, anyway; someone else is going to find us sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. genderkid: "one isn't necessarily supposed to attract oneself, anyway" True, true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...