Skip to main content

1 Year Tranniversary!

Today, December 11th, is my one year Tranniversary!

I'll have a little celebratory dinner with my cute friends and family. And my friend, Andrew, is on his way over and offered to purchase me a drink. So, one gift thus far. Cha-ching! Perk!

My doctor called me about an hour ago and, after reviewing the results from my blood work, has upped my dose from 0.5 mL to 0.7 mL. (so just two marks past the 1/2 mark, which I've been injecting for one year now). She said that my body has been metabolizing the testosterone pretty quickly, hence upping the dose.

Since I injected 0.5 mL yesterday and received the call today, I figure it's close enough to my injection time to safely inject the remaining 0.2 mL today and then to start on the 0.7 mL regiment on my next injection day.

I'm happy that my dosage changed. The 0.5 mL was a shot in the dark from my very first meeting with her a year ago - kind of like a blanket beginner dose for all patients starting hormone therapy. Then to adjust the dosage 4 months later when comparing blood work. For some reason or another, I ended up seeing a different doctor who wasn't quite sure if or how to alter my dosage, so he err'ed on keeping it at 0.5 mL. And now, a year later, my original doctor looked at my blood work and decided to up my dose. Which makes me feel more confident that I'm on the dosage I should be.

Comments

  1. Happy Tranniversary. The 16th is my 6 month on T! Can you believe how fast time goes by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It goes by way fast. It's insane! Any plans for your 1 year? ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's still 6 mos away! Maybe I'll have a beach party. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...