Skip to main content

Upcoming FTM Documentary



Female To Male from Rhea Kewalramani on Vimeo.

From thetranscender.com:

A documentary film by my friend and filmmaker Rhea Kewalramani, starring Azad (Homegrownboi), Kai (This Gendered Life), Sebastian (XX Boy), and yours truly (The Transcender). This will be shown at Cannes Film Festival 2010 so…watch out for us, world!

Oh I will!

Although, I do wish that there was a documentary out there that had feminine trans guys like Adrian the hotty in it.

Even though it's likely that this documentary doesn't have glitter-glam-barbie-loving transmen running amok; it does look like it definitely branches away from the gender binary with different ideas in regards to sex, gender as a spectrum, how it's expressed, how various individuals identify and why they transition, etc. A more broad portrayal.

I'm excited to see it when it comes out. It looks promising!

Perhaps Adrian would be too much of a gender bedazzling mind splurt for most audiences. But, seeing as I'm a big fan of glamtastic mind BOOM!, I can't wait for the day that gender'sploding documentary comes out. Has it already? If so, someone tell me! I want it!

Comments

  1. Maybe the most amazing read I read this week :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TrannySaurus Rex: Take 2

Transtastic shirt that my friend, Nick James , made for my birthday. Thank you, Nick!

Political Trananigans

The political trananigans I've discovered in Utah are vast and abundant. Just the other night, for example, I attended a trans-specific lobbyist training that was presented by Equality Utah and we had another transtacular activist meeting. Go red state go! I decided to go to this training since, well, the prospect of lobbying has always been an intimidating one to me. Not just because it sounds very foreign and daunting, but, on another level, I’ve worried that my presence would do more damage to a cause I care about than aid it just due to being gender variant and having a more non-LDS-looking appearance. Even if I spruced up, I’d worried that an LDS (Latter-day Saints/Mormon) representative, for example, wouldn’t be able to relate to me in any way, shape, or form and could even be afraid of me. I feared that it would be an entirely ineffective – even potentially damaging – experience. I’ve been feeling differently about this lately, though. On one level, being out has boos...

Institutionalized Sexism & Family Lovins with a Sprinkle of Woe

A few weeks ago my grandpa called and invited me to play on the extended family softball team. I've felt a little nervous in regards to writing about extended family, but I'm going to convey my perceptions and feelings as clearly as I can, while respecting anonymity! I've mentioned my cute little ol' grandparents here a few times - about how they're both refreshingly supportive of me, especially given the generational barriers between us. My cousins n' aunts n' uncles n' whatnot have also been good, in general, when it comes to being friendly and respectful towards me and my partners. I don't get to interact with them all too often and when I do it's usually maybe a few times a year around the holidays. They interact with one another a great deal, however - presumably due to having more in common (most are married, have children, etc.) All n' all, I feel super uber fortunate to have the support and acceptance that I DO have. It's es...